Indulging yourself in exercises when you are over 50 years is a good idea, however, this does not guarantee that you will get in shape but it guarantees better health, which is the core reason why should actively involve yourself with exercise when you are at this age, here are some of the exercises you can try.
1. Consider making use of the running stairs rather than getting down and up of actual stairs, this should be done on a regular basis in order to stay fit and healthy, and if you are unfit, you should take it easy and start by small rounds, after getting used to it then you can go for as many rounds as you can.
2. You can also choose to do some hot yoga, however, if you are a beginner, you should begin with hatha, this is a form of yoga with low impact, yoga is very important for people who are 50 years and above, this is because people from that age group are very prone to arthritis and by doing yoga, the effects of arthritis will be reduced.
3. Pushups is another kind of fitness for elders, by doing this, you will be in a position to build strength all over your body, however, if in your earlier days you have had neck or shoulder injuries, you should avoid this at all cost, this is because it might just be problematic to you.
4. You can also try burpees, to fully move your body, try this type of exercise; however, if you are not physically fit, it might cause a lot of stress for your body.
Although by doing this, your bones will become even stronger, and make you feel flexible as well.
5. Leg presses is another activity that you should involve yourself in, for people who are 50 years and above, most of them have already retired and therefore spend most of their times at home, they do not get to have an active life, some just sit around the house from Monday to Monday, however, by doing leg presses, they will be in a potion to be active and make their leg muscles, as well as their spine, become stronger.
6. Take a walk every evening, this helps in building your stamina, it also helps in strengthening your lower body as well as your muscles, by doing this, you will have saved yourself from some bone diseases such as the osteoporosis. You can choose to take this walk by yourself or do it with your family members or friends.
7. Dancing is also very helpful, your muscles will be strengthened and your balance will also be improved. By dancing, the excess calories in your body will be done away with, and dancing is also very good for the brain.
The above should not be avoided, use the time that you have at this age and enjoy doing these activities as they are also very important for your health, as we all know, health is very important and should be taken care of.